Sunday 2 September 2007

First blog entry

Just got the email through about blogs being available and have decided it's just what I needed. I started a diary a lifetime ago but never get the time to write in it so here goes.

I'm doing really well at the moment, but it really is a day-by-day thing. Some days I feel shocking, other days I feel really good. We have been TTC for 14 months now and it feels like it's never going to end. I feel a lot better now that we have an action plan in place. I have a nurses appointment on the 12th to learn how to give myself injections and then an embryology evening on the 20th to get more information about everything, and when AF arrives we start our first (and hopefully only) IVF/ICSI cycle! I am really confident about it, I know everyone says to hope for the best and prepare for the worst, but I cant do that. I need to put all my hope and trust in this, and pray that it works. I've been doing acupuncture for the past couple of months and have lost just over 12 kilos since May in preparation for starting IVF, I just hope that makes enough of a difference. My FS prescribed me metformin to take in the meantime but all it did was make me nauseaus all day long so have finally given it up after a month.

Am worried about the financial side of everything, our PHI doesnt kick in until May next year which means we have to pay for all the hospital costs completely adding an ezxtra $2300 onto the IVF cost but it is worth it if it works. IF it doesn't.... I don't really want to think about it, but we wont be able to afford a 2nd go until May/June next year.

I was diagnosed with depression back in May and I finally feel like I have it under control. I've been doing lots of reading and taking time out for myself and LOTS of exercise and its finally paying off.

Hmm ok I've probably blabbed on for a while now, but thought I'd give this blog thing a try anyhow. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment