Thursday 20 September 2007

Embryology evening

Just got back from our Embryology evening. It was pretty good, one of the embryologist went through the IVF process and showed lots of pictures of embryos and blastocysts and the difference between them all, and gave some stats which I already knew.
Then the clinic psychologist did a 40 minute spiel on how its normal to be emotional throughout IVF. Hmmmm.... I think I kinda get that already!

Nobody spoke or even looked at each other which I found really odd, I guess I was going along hoping to just chat to people who are doing the same thing as us. I tried to crack a joke about why they couldnt give us tablets instead of giving ourselves injections but managed to get a death stare in return from both the psych and the other couples. I take it that's a strike against my name!

We went out for dinner afterwards at Ti Amo restaurant in Nedlands which I have to say was the best meal I have ever had, and Im not exaggerating! I had a beautiful chargrilled chicken with a chilli cream sauce and it was so good, it takes my Chicken & Prawn Kiev at Morgans Restaurant down to #2 ever which makes it pretty bloody awesome. lol OK enough about food, Im getting hungry again!

Im getting a little impatient with my Fertility Friend chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/BecDChart). I'm currently on Day 30 of my cycle, and supposedly 16 DPO which is way past my normal luteal phase. The nurse at the clinic did tell me that starting Synarel early can cause AF to be late but I just wish it didn't get my hopes up as much as it does. I even did a HPT on Tuesday, negative of course, but just the fact that I did one is silly.

Another thing (Im full of words tonight!) at the presentation tonight, they kept talking about multiple cycles and not getting your hopes up for the first cycle etc. Fuck that for a joke. I am putting everything I have into this cycle, acupuncture, positive thinking, standing upside down and doing cartwheels if it will make a difference. Financially we are using all our savings to do this cycle, and should it not work, we will not be able to do another cycle of IVF for at least six months until we can save enough money to try again, which is a really horrible thought that I can't quite fathom yet. Failure is not an option!

OK I think thats enough blabbing on for now, somebody is probably going BBBFB by now so Ill sign off with good night and sweet dreams xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment