Sunday 23 September 2007

Educating the kids

I just noticed a horrendous spelling error in one of my previous posts - eek! I was always one of those nerdy kids at school who knew exactly where every apostrophe, comma and quotation mark should go, and in my old age (ha!) I have gotten to the point where I wrote 'piece' instead of 'peace and quiet'. Maybe this is what the world is coming to? Murray brings home assignments to mark where kids write in sms talk, 'How r u today?' and they honestly believe that is how the words are meant to be written.



The education system in WA right now is the worst it has ever been, not trying to get political here, but the OBE or whatever they have watered it down to be is the most horrendous thing ever invented. Who implements a system that has been discredited and thrown away in the majority of countries it has been used in? Murray has students who are barely passing that officially get a B grade because of the stupid marking systems. There is no consistency across the board, the teachers don't know what they are doing so how are the students meant to know?

2 comments: