Tuesday 19 January 2016

Preparing ourselves for the VERY last cycle

It feels a bit dejavu going through this all over again, but this really will be our last treatment cycle. We have an appointment booked with our doctor on February 15th, and then it will be a case of working out the best timing to proceed with IVF.

There are a couple of things we have started doing in preparation for this cycle. A few people on my lost post had some recommendations which I have definitely taken on board - thank you everyone.
  • Started eating healthy, including no Red Bull (a serious weakness of mine)
  • During the cycle, I will also be cutting out caffeine (I currently have Coke Zero a couple of times a week but no coffee)
  • Getting back into my exercise routine. We have been going to the gym and walking the dogs five times a week, trying to get into a good groove
  • I am now taking my usual Folate and B12 supplement, but have added fish oil tablets and COQ10 which is an antioxidant. I am also looking into Inositol which looks to have good results
  • Murray is back on the Conceive Well tablets, and has also started taking fish oil tablets.
  • I will be having acupuncture done during the next cycle, if only before and after embryo transfer
I am headed to Sydney for the ANZAC Day long weekend in April so I want to get this over and done with by then if possible, which would mean a March/early April cycle.

We went and saw the clinics fertility counsellor yesterday, but to be honest it was a waste of time. We mainly did it because Murray was so disappointed after the last result, but we have both recovered well now, and having some time off over Christmas and the New Year has helped both of us to move on.

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading along for awhile now but I was wndering if you've ever had immune testing/rpl panel done to rule out immune and clotting issues. Has your Dr ever recommended you be on aspirin and blood thinner during your cycle just to cover all bases? Or intralipid therapy? This may all be stuff you've tried/are doing but I didn't remember reading about it so I thought I'd ask. I so hope this cycle will work for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete