Sunday 13 October 2013

MIA

I've been keeping things low key around here lately. The days are slowly getting longer and the weather warmer as we move closer to the end of another year.

I have been busy completing all of the tests requested by the public IVF clinic before we meet with them in November. As expected I still have textbook PCOS ovaries, but my insulin levels are now perfect which is great news. Unfortunately Murray's sperm has degraded further with motility of only 2% and reduced count and morphology as well, which puts paid to any ideas of not using a donor. And finally, something called SHBG which is Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin is quite high, which is actually the opposite of what happens in PCOS, and increased levels can be as a result of long term calorie restrictions, which surprise surprise is from my weight loss surgery. In terms of impact on IVF, I believe this lowers testosterone and estrogen, which obviously would impact on fertility. I will have to wait and see what the doctor has to say before I get too concerned about it.
In adoption news, we presented to the adoption applications committee on October 1 and now we are just waiting for the official word as to whether or not we are approved applicants or not. We went well over our assigned 20 minute slot and talked to most of the points in our report. I still am not sure one way or the other as to if we will get approved, but I can honestly say that we have done everything possible in this process. If we don't get approved, then that is what happens and I will try my best to accept that decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment