Sunday 26 August 2012

What I've been working on

I've been a little busy lately. I've been making decisions about what I want my life to be like. I can't live my life and not have thrown absolutely everything at having a child, and my weight is holding me back from doing that.

So on September 21, I will be having a vertical sleeve gastrectomy, also known as weight loss surgery. It's drastic, but so is 16 unsuccessful IVF attempts, and the thought of not having children. It's also drastic to think my life expectancy is lowered by a decade because of my weight, and that the only direction my weight is going is up.

I've started a separate blog to follow my progress, I'd love for you to pop over. It's called Lose and Hope and I'll be blogging everything to do with surgery, recovery and life losing weight.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best for your surgery and success Bec. There are also emotional reasons why we gain and keep our weight so please try not to overlook those. Once we address those reasons, our bodies no longer have the desire to try to protect us and the weight comes off xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Bec with this new step in your journey toward self-fulfilment and happiness. Following your heart's desire and trusting your intuition can never be wrong...
    Mel (in Sydney) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Bec!! What a brave step! I'll be following your other blog, I am in the same boat (4 years infertility struggles, no kids and too heavy because of medication). I hope I'll be finally inspired to get my excersize up and weight down :) Hugs from France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bec... Mel in Sydney again... just wondering how you are and how the surgery went? Hope all's well and it's the start of a new era of great things x

    ReplyDelete