Thursday 29 April 2010

Wisdom teeth

The countdown is on... and it's not a good one. I am getting my wisdom teeth out next Tuesday and I am freaking out! I keep hearing horror stories about the operation and recovery which scares me so much. Murray reckons that if I can handle five egg collections, then I can handle my teeth, but it's just so much closer to my brains! What if they poke an eye out! Or I am in agony afterwards? I don't cope well with pain...

Fingers crossed my period doesn't start until after the operation so we can go straight into our DIVF cycle. At CD 35 today so it could arrive any time from now on but considering last months record cycle, who knows when it will arrive. I'll try and get some provera after my op if it hasn't come so that I don't have to wait around forever.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes - sorry you have to have your wisdom teeth out! I hope the surgery goes well, your recovery is speedy and that AF bugs off until afterwards!

    Thanks for your encouragement on my blog too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should knock you out completely for having them extracted. I'm sure they won't poke either of your eyes out (sounds silly when you read it but hey a fear is a fear no matter how unlikely it is to happen). They should give you some pretty good painkillers for afterwards.

    And I'm with Murray, if you can handle multiple egg collections, this should be a walk in the park. You're stronger than you think Bec!

    Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

    Big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo wisdom teeth!!! I'm so sorry that you have to have them out!

    AF better stay away until after your wisdom teeth are removed!

    ReplyDelete