Friday 16 April 2010

Decision made

We have decided on a donor - Donor #1. Murray and I talked through the whole process and in the end I wanted him to feel 100% confident and as comfortable as he could be with the decision. Even though I was leaning towards the carpenter, I am still very happy with this choice and I think Murray is pleased that there will be something of him in the baby (Murray trained as a journalist so has that connection).
Originally we were concerned about the olive skin issue, but to be honest we will deal with that if it ever arises. It's not something that either of us care about for ourselves, more that I don't want our child to be bullied or picked on because he/she looks different... but the likelihood is they wont look different, and kids can get teased for any number of things....

Anyhow, the decision is made so the waiting begins! I am actually getting my wisdom teeth out on May 4 under a general anesthetic which means that I can not do an IVF cycle during that time. Am hoping my period arrives the next day so that I can still get the cycle in, but otherwise we will have to wait until the following cycle. Unfortunately my cycles are so screwy that I can't predict when my period will arrive, fingers crossed it all works out. I was tempted to cancel my teeth surgery but I just need to bite the bullet and do it before my teeth are all crooked - some of my teeth have already changed position and I don't want to look like a hag!

Am at home today with I think the start of the flu. Half way through Autumn and Winter is definitely poking it's nose through the window to let us know it's coming!

4 comments:

  1. So Happy for you! I'm suer it feels great to have that decision made. You will be cycling in no time! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing news Bec (well not the surgery or the flu) but I know how much thought went into this decision. I am glad you and Murray made a decision and will be hoping AF shows up the day after your surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decision - I was gunning for number 1! Also, both my parents have olive skin so I supposedly do too but I am no darker than you or Murray - it just means I tan rather than go red in the sun & these days we're so cautious about sun exposure that I'm sure your littlie won't get a chance to go too dark! Best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making the big decision. Good luck with your Op & hoping AF arrives when you hope.

    ReplyDelete