Monday 10 November 2014

A new look

   




I'm doing much better than I was last month. Having some distance from the IVF cycle, a lot of support from friends and work, and going to counselling has helped me get to the other side of the ditch, and I am really coming good.

We are hanging out for our Europe holiday - only 33 days to go until we leave! My brother is flying in from Sydney with his girlfriend the week before we leave, so I will get to see him and do a family Christmas dinner the night before we go which I am also looking forward to.

In other news, due to all of my health issues, I have been experiencing a lot of dizziness which I had attributed to low blood pressure and my reactive hypoglycemia. I had an eye test to rule out anything wrong, when it actually showed up that my eyesight actually was an issue! I have astigmatism in my left eye and am shortsighted so everything beyond a certain distance was fuzzy. I didn't even realise I had a problem except for the dizziness, so I am quite thankful that I had the test done.
The down side of course is that now I have joined the dark side of wearing glasses. Yeah, yeah, not a big deal I hear you say. Except of course I have never worn glasses before and it is so foreign to me, let alone wearing them all the time. I managed to find a pair that I didn't hate, but already I am getting pain behind my ears from the pressure of them on my head.

The new look
I am also now the proud owner of a piano! My best friend is having a clear out of her house and was asking if anyone wanted one. A few strong men later, the piano is in our games room! It's going to need a little work to get it ship-shape but I've already been on it playing Christmas Carols! I only ever had a year of lessons in primary school so it is very basic but I'm hoping next year to perhaps even take some lessons and build up a repertoire!

Piano (and glasses!)

1 comment:

  1. The dark side of wearing glasses? That isn't a very nice thing to say. If you need them, you need them.

    ReplyDelete