Thursday 17 April 2014

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Murray and I have extraordinary good luck when it comes to competitions. I received an email today to say that I won a facebook competition I entered on a whim a couple of weeks ago. The prize is two tickets to see Jason Derulo in concert, as well as a pair of Monster DNA headphones! I am super excited as I wanted to go to the concert but have been trying to save money for some renovations around the house, so was very pleased to get the email!

Over the years we have had lots of luck on our side. Here are just some of the competitions we have won:
  • Trip to Sydney to judge the NBL All Star Slam Dunk Competition (Foxtel competition)
  • Murray came 4th in an Rugby League tipping competition and won $6000!
  • Last year I won movie tickets to our local cinema for a year for tipping all the Oscar winners correctly - 2 free tickets each week for a year!
  • Tickets to the Rugby Union game between the Western Force and Waratah's this past weekend (competition at a pub, put your name in the barrel each time you buy a drink)
  • VIP Box tickets to the Wildcats game a few weeks back (RAC twitter competition)
  • A beautiful framed one-off print by Rebecca Wetzler through a City of Perth / Instagram competition
  • Murray is a bit of a tipster with the horses and his local betting agency ran a local comp to tip all of the placegetters at Ascot Racecourse which Murray tipped perfectly twice - around $2000 each time!
  • Murray has also been on a couple of radio competitions and won CD's and cash
  • I won a couple of crafting competitions which snagged me some pretty fabric and patterns when I first started quilting.
So we have definitely been lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment