Saturday 13 June 2009

Does it get any better?

My heart is aching. I should be 11 weeks pregnant and looking forward to my 12 week scan. but I'm not. And it hurts so badly.

Adding insult to injury, I spoke to the clinic nurse yesterday who offhand had remembered seeing Murray's SCSA results in the lab. Apparently the DNA damage or DNA Fragmentation Index is at 35%. Basically normal is less than 15% but 15-30% is okay. Over 30% is crap. Apparently

Our Doctors appointment is on the 30th, so I have started Murray on Menevit to start with, and we are both back on the weightloss, healthy lifestyle thing. We have started tentatively talking about the option of donor sperm. Honestly, it scares the pants of me. I don't know how I feel about it, but I am scared.

5 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie! It's OK to be scared. Do what you can to be and stay healthy right now. Sending you lots of love, peace and hugs.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to tell you that it does get better but at this moment in time I can't.

    I should be 22 weeks pregnant now. It's my birthday next week and my party next Saturday and when I found out I was pregnant for the 4th time in Feb, all I could think was "WOW I'll be knocked up for my birthday, I'll be 23 weeks and hopefully feeling my baby move" and yet here I am about to face turning 30 with nothing but 4 miscarriages to show for 10 years of ttc.

    It WILL get easier over time, but it will take time, everyone heals differently.

    As for the donor sperm, yes I totally get where you're coming from, it's a scary thought and an even scarier thing to contemplate seriously but the things we do to start our family!

    I hope that things start to get on track for you soon.

    *Hugs*

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Bec, I guess it's an answer to why things haven't happened... *hugs* xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there....Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete