Sunday 24 January 2010

Welcome to the family

We have a new addition to our family! No photos just yet but I feel like a very proud mummy being able to introduce our little puppy Charlie! He is a King Charles Cavalier X Beagle and he is 8 weeks old.

We looked high and low at the rescue shelters and couldn't find anything that was suitable as first time pet owners. Lots of the dogs had been mistreated or were too boisterous for us, and once we saw Charlie - well it was love at first sight! We didn't get him from a pet store, but we did get him from a breeder which I didn't think I would do. I guess it goes to show that I shouldn't make up my mind so quickly about some of these things. He was being brought up in a gorgeous family and I got to meet the puppys Mum - a beautiful natured King Charles Cav named Abby who was completely black with long hair. Apparently they met with a purebreed beagle to mate and ended up with allsorts of pups!

Our gorgeous Charlie is blenheim (white with tan markings) with short hair. My camera has a flat battery at the moment but I can't wait to get some photos up of our little baby. Murray is completely smitten by him.

We had planned a completely different name for him (CJ) but when we saw him it didn't fit, so Charlie he is! Now I know how new parents must feel - I just want to talk about him all day long.

I haven't been this happy for a long time. In fact I haven't been this happy since the day we got our positive pregnancy test. It's a great feeling but it is also bitter-sweet as this is an acceptance of sorts that a baby isn't in our immediate sights

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see photos of your little Charlie!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww *yay* for the new addition!!! Can't wait to see pics of the gorgeous Charlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ I cannot spell today!!

    I'm so excited for you!
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the new baby!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete