Saturday 9 January 2010

Can I just say...

how awesome you guys all are! Seriosuly - your comments on the last post have really helped me get my head around the last meeting, in a way that noone else has been able to. I am very thankful for all my friends that have reached out to me through this blog.

I have decided to continue treatment with Dr Thompson. I know our first meeting didn't go well but I need to have faith that this is where I should be, and that the doctor would never harm our attempts of conceiving - he would always try his best even if there is a personal disconnect. I know part of me overreacted to the situation, but I do feel confident in my decision not to pursue ovarian drilling and I wish the Dr had supported me in that decision. But I have the power to choose not to dwell on that and move forward so that's what I will do.

One thing I am going to do to help me feel more confident, is to go into our new clinic and meet one of the embryologists so I can talk through our history, specifically about our embryo development and the difference that donor might make. That way the Dr isn't my only link to the clinic. I think that will make me feel more comfortable about the whole situation.

New year - new me (at least I'm trying right!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look! So glad you found me again too, I did sorta totally dissappear while I regrouped.

    Just read about the clinic, does not sound like it went well at all (is there any reason to do ovarian drilling if you also have MFI?). I've never heard of it before... but I dont have Pcos :).

    Remember if you dont like the clinic you can always find another one that you DO like?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi first time on your blog and sorry to hear about your doctor situation hope it gets better... I have also been diagnosed with PCOS after 12 years of ttc well they put me on the Metformin and I will have my first attempt at IUI in February good luck to you and to me...

    ReplyDelete