Saturday 23 January 2010

Gumtree

I have just discovered gumtree.com and I think I'm in love! For the uninitiated, Gumtree is a free site where you can post items for sale, but you can also just leave messages - for example one lady on their is sitting her beauty exam today and needed someone for her to use as her model for her makeup component of the exam. Ahem - well that would be me thankyou very much! The idea is that it puts people in touch with other people, but I am totally addicted!

So I am off to get my makeup done for free, and then Murray and I are off to the theatre to watch 'The Sapphires', a really cool play set in the Vietnam War where a group of aboriginal singers end up performing for the troops. I haven't been to the theatre for years but we bought a subscription to see a couple of plays this year which I am really looking forward to.

And then after that we are off to the Perth Wildcats basketball game - v Melbourne Tigers - We are currently sitting top of the ladder and are heading towards our first championship in 10 years - so expect to see me in full warpaint soon!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. Murray and I have both taken off Monday from work so we can have an extra long Australia Day weekend (Australia Day is January 26!)

2 comments:

  1. oOoOo Bec sounds like you're going to have an absolute fab day!! Makeup done, theatre and the the Wildcats, half ya luck honey!!!

    Hope they win!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a look at gumtree, it looks interesting :)

    Hope you en joy your great night out and that the Wildcats win (only because I don't follow basketball) :P

    ReplyDelete