Monday 18 January 2010

Thinking of adding to our family

Our next door neighbour just got a new addition to their family - a gorgeous little dog called Max! Murray and I have talked on and off about getting a dog but we haven't taken the plunge because other priorities have always emerged and having a baby has always taken over my thoughts. But seeing Max - well I'm dog clucky!

Murray didn't have many pets growing up (I think maybe a rabbit at one point?) so this is a brand new experience for him, and although I have had a dog, I was pretty small at the time, so I want to make sure that we are ready for pet ownership.

I am SO not going to do any work today... will be checking out all of the rescue websites!!!

SO tell me.... do you have/have you had a dog? What breed, how old, what's he/she like and any tips for me?

4 comments:

  1. Awwww - I think a furbaby is a great idea! We have two, both were adopted from www.Petfinder.com. One is an American bulldog, great temper, big lover who thinks she's a lap dog. And the other is a Japansese Chin...tiny smooshed face loverboy. Both are great and a joy to have. My only advise is to rescue or adopt if you can....there are so many out there that need to be rescued. We are thinking about getting a third (english bulldog) but not sure if we want to disrupt the harmony in the house right now. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for furbabies!!
    We have Moo, an American Staffy...and seriously the love of my life.
    He's a lovely dog, friendly, smiley, ENERGETIC. (we walk him twice a day for an hour each to try and work try and calm him down LOL) He is pretty convinced he's a lap dog...even though he weighs close to 30kg of pure muscle.
    Moo will be 3 in May.
    There is nothing better than a Staffy smile!
    The RSPCA will be able to give you loads of information on different breeds.
    Have you had any idea about what type of dog you want?

    Excited for you!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Staffy and a Pitbull and I wouldn't trade either of them for the world, in fact we spent $5000 keeping our lil girl (Pitbull) alive when she ate 86 Nurofen tablets!

    Both of ours are inside dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Staffy and also a Malt X Cavalier.
    Staffy is 7yrs old and we rescued her. Beautiful dog but she isnt like she should be due to her past.
    Our Malt X is nearly 2 and our inside doggy and is spoilt rotten.
    Dogs are just great and I would have more of them in a heartbeat but we dont have the room - plus council guidelines etc to follow.

    ReplyDelete