Wednesday 20 January 2010

No doggy yet!

We haven't found a dog yet, but I have seen one online that is just perfect! It is a 10 month old beagle and he looks so gorgeous, but I can't seem to get hold of his owner. Hopefully somebody hasn't gotten him before us!

Although I love pugs (Suzanne's Tank & Vader are GORGEOUS!), I think a Beagle or King Charles Cavalier would be perfect for us. I am more than happy to have a crossbreed, and I wont be buying a dog from a breeder or pet store, so it really will come down to what is available through the pound and rescue places, and advertised in newspapers.

On another topic, I have been working out really hard lately. Murray let me buy a new heart rate monitor (Polar F7) which is so super-duper cool! I say that he let me because it cost a small fortune (not as much as that links says though - dont have a heart attack Mum!), I don't usually need his permission! It has been a great motivating tool to see how many calories I have burnt off. Oh and it is getting results - I lost 1.8kg this week (4 pounds for my US friends)!!! So am very excited about that! Now I just need to keep up the healthy eating and the exercise and I will start seeing some serious results!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo Bec congrats on the weightloss!!

    I'm powering along too, lost another 1.6kg this week, bringing my total for 20 days to 5.3kg or 11.68lbs, I'm pretty proud of myself lol!

    Can't wait to see your weightloss continue to power along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the weightloss!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the weight loss -I just got the F6 and love it!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bec,
    I'm a long time blog stalker - first time commenter :) I read your blog (along with many others from the comfort of my office) but unfortunately I can't post comments from work - something about our server..

    I just wanted to give you the tip re a new dog - get pet insurance!!! what ever you do its the one thing that will save your hip pocket and also means that you can afford to give your new fur baby the best health care.. I recently got two puppies - shetland sheep dogs - they are awesome and i'd recommend them - but im not sure if there are that many that are adoptable.. we have two cat haven cats too and they all get on famously!

    also on the polar - arent they great! i got an f6 some time ago and i use it religiously - kinda nerdy.. if you go to the polar website you can actually set yourself up with a fitness program and input all the data from your exercise sessions and your weight loss.. its great motivation for me to see a graph with a downward weight line! sounds like your well one track.. keep up the good work..

    have a great weekend!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete