Sunday 15 February 2009

Unsure

I am starting to get a little scared about our FET cycle. Not that it may not work, but what if it does work? I'm in a bit of a funk at the moment about changing my life. For the first time I am happy with my life without children.

In the past three years, I don't know if there have been really any times that I have been truly happy, mainly because of the infertility hanging over our heads. But right now I am happy with just working, enjoying our weekends, planning holidays, being able to exercise as I want, and not taking my temperature or tablets or pessaries every day.

I'm sure I still want a baby, I must do, I didn't go through all of this for nothing? Yet right at this point in time I am content with what we do have. Is this fleeting? Will I wake up tomorrow and change my mind? I wish I knew. Maybe it is the depression talking, or maybe it's the way I truly feel?

I know I can delay our FET cycle by another month, and maybe that is the option I need to take. But maybe I wont - maybe I need to cycle again. With so many difficult decisions to make, I never thought that this would be one of them.

4 comments:

  1. hey mate. if you're feeling really good about everything, why not postpone the FET? One month more of exercise and feeling mentally fit to tackle a cycle can only be good for ya. Just my two cents, reading what you've said, it sounds like postponing is a good idea. I know I'm the total opposite. I need to be cycling to feel any kind of self worth / happy (totally aware of how unhealthy that is!) so I hate postponing things. Maybe you could decide on CD1? Good luck, girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe your uncertainty is a sign that you're not ready to do your FET this month. taking a break is good for your mental health.

    i'm sure that you will come to the best decision for you and murray.

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My assvice? If you are feeling good in the moment, with your life day by day - go with it. Delay and enjoy this feeling.

    For what its worth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cara. Maybe you need to concentrate on you and your marriage right now. Especially with all the things going on with your family. If it feels right, then you should postpone it.

    ReplyDelete