Monday 16 February 2009

Feeling off-colour

I went to my best friends daughters 2nd birthday yesterday. I've been looking forward to it for a while, but ended up finding it a lot harder to deal with than I thought. So many kids running around, lots of pregnant women, and the news that they have been told that they might have to go to IVF later in the year. It was just a lot to cope with and I didn't do that great of a job to be honest. I made sure I smiled at the right times, and talked to everyone, but there was a huge sense of relief once I was driving away.

I didn't go to church last night, I just wanted to be left alone to allow myself to think and wallow in my sadness. I've managed to give myself a bad headache and feel quite ill in my stomach. Not sure if I will make it in to work today, I probably just need to take the day to get myself back together.

5 comments:

  1. definitely take a mental health day. you deserve one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental health days are important. It must be, and is, very hard Bec. I am so sorry. It's funny how some days it all seems to be ok and others are just inordinately painful and everything is hard to cope with.
    Lots of love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a mental health day, for sure! Can you get a pedi or anything? Maybe even do it at home. Do something for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you an award on y, blog. It'll totally brighten up your "you" day. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are hard situations. You can prepare yourself but you just never know what will happen. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete