Wednesday 4 February 2009

Drowning in work

Work is a pressure cooker at the moment, but I have managed not to fall in a heap. I am in week 3 of bootcamp at the moment. So far we have done a beach session, two sessions at Jacobs Ladder (lots of stairs!), and two park sessions. I'm going on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings, and then fiting in another two gym classes on top of that each week. The exercise has been the main thing that has kept me calm enough to deal with all the pressure at work I think.

I've decided to start my acupuncture again and have made appointments for the next couple of Mondays at my usual spot. I also went yesterday to a local acupuncturist who did some deep acupuncture - OUCH! It hurt like hell when the needles went in but when they hit their spot, you get this crazy twinge sensation and your body involuntarily moves! Then the acupuncturist put on these electrodes and turned on a machine which gave a pulse every second, which is meant to stimulate the points on your body. It was really intense but I felt very relaxed afterwards. I'm going to give it one more go tomorrow to see if I can get over the initial pain - if not I will go back to my normal practitioner.

Today is day 22 of my cycle, last months cycle was only 28 days (for once!) So this time next week I could be on the merry-go-round again. I'm starting to get excited about it. Now I know it can really work!

7 comments:

  1. exercise is the one thing that has kept me sane throughout this whole IF debacle. good for you for getting active!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just visiting from WTBAY. You seem to be being hit from multiple directions at the moment - I hope everything sorts itself out. Keep strong - and good on you with all the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec you are an absolute trooper! I satnd in awe of you. Good on you with the bootcamp. I think I would die. Seriously! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mate... nice work getting so organising and sounding so positive. keeping it all crossed for ya!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You workout sounds like pure torture. Although, it does help you cope with stress and that's a great thing! I hope everything at work calms down and you can find an acupuncturist that doesn't hurt you. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCHIES! I had deep acupuncture a few days ago and it was awful. I thought this particular Chinese doctor was torturing me, or doing something wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Acupuncture + bootcamp?? you must be crazy :P Well Done on boot camp, I am looking forward to starting them again, although we are a bit far from a beach.

    ReplyDelete