Tuesday 27 January 2009

Family update

My brothers children have been taken off of them by the Department of Child Protection. Apparently it happened this morning, a social worker who they have to see each week offered to drive the kids to daycare, but instead she took them to DCP.

There are no surprises that this is happening, but I wonder what brought it on now. I went to court with Mitchell last Wednesday as he had to asnwer the domestic violence charges against Alicia. He ended up being refered to a family violence program to be assessed for treatment. Also the charges against my father about his alleged attack on Alicia look like they may be going ahead as Mitchell had to go to the police station to make a character witness statement against my Dad. I think the final straw might have been yesterday when Alicia went to her doctor for anti-depressants and said that she couldn't wait for her hospital appointment as she needed help then and there. I assume he had to report that to somebody.

The whole thing is bittersweet. I'm glad the kids aren't at home because they are being neglected, but at the same time I am so sad that my little nieces and nephew are in a strange home tonight, and possibly split up from each other.

I have been trying to talk to Murray about the possibility of at least one of the kids coming to stay with us for a while, which depends on a meeting tomorrow where they will discuss whats happening. But he is deadset against is. I have asked him to at least have an open mind, so hopefully he thinks about it over night.

Just when you think things are looking up... I could really use a hug right now.

9 comments:

  1. no words, just great big hugs.
    Oh Bec xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is absolutely unbelievable.

    big, big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Bec - I am so sorry that you and your nieces and nephews are having to go through this! I am sending you HUGE hugs - please keep us updated. I will be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for everything that your family is going through. There are no winners in this kind of situation. :(

    Hope everything resolves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a lot. I hope that things calm down soon. Sorry you're going through this.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((HUGS))) Thinking of you and your nieces and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- That's such a sad situation. Thinking of you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh crap Bec :( Completely understand you wanting them to stay with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big hugs sweetie..... things like this are never easy, and I would really try to get the kids if you can.

    Hang in there.
    Rebel

    ReplyDelete