Friday 21 November 2008

Facebook crazed

So I have succumbed to the facebook craze. I resisted for a looooong time, but I gave in and I am so totally hooked! I am up to about 70 friends I think, mainly workmates, family and some old high school friends who I havent seen for years. I've even found kids that I went to primary school with which is a complete spin out. What I think is even more amazing than the people who you find, is the connections between people - the 'mutual friends' function.

People that go to my gym know people that I work with, while a kid that I was in Year 7 with 600km away is friends with a close girlfriend of mine. It just proves what a small world this really is.

Had my BT and scan today at the clinic, endo lining is 9.3mm which is fine, so I will start taking pessaries tomorrow. They have been upped to 3 a day and apparently, unless I can find somewhere to lie down for 20 minutes during my lunch break, I need to do them rectally!!! I am completely grossed out, Im sure many people do it but just not me! Gah - something that I will need to gear myself up for I guess.

Transfer is booked for next Friday and Murray is going to try and take the day off work so he can come along, considering it is our last attempt for the immediate future. My doctor will be Dr Mike Aitken who was going to do my transfer on my fresh IVF cycle, he seemed nice enough, so at least it is not a stranger doing the transfer. I also was given some new consent forms to sign, in addition to one which listed the dangers of doing a double transfer. Seriously, do they think I'm stupid or something??? I'm trying to fit as much exercise as I can between now and Friday, because after that I am going to be taking it super easy. God, I just want this baby to stick!

Anyway, its a Friday night so I am off to snuggle with my husband, but if you feel the urge to facebook with me - the email address is murraynbec@optusnet.com.au - but make sure you include a message to say who you are - one of my favourite things I have done of late is to ignore those annoying people from school that you would quite gladly never speak to again!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I just started Facebook last week too! That is too funny! I am going to be sending you an invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you one as well. I am sending you lots and lots of well wishes for the transfer, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been addicted to FB for longer than i'd like to admit.

    i just sent you a friend request.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more of a "myspace" girl. I can't figure out all the damn apps my friends add me on facebook, bur I'm trying. If I can figure out how to send you an invite, I will ;o)
    Hugs
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  5. visiting here from stirrup queens - if my math is right, tomorrow (Friday 28) is the big day. I am sending you many sticky burrowing growing thoughts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete