Friday 7 November 2008

Definitely over

Blood test results are in and I'm definitely not pregnant. No big surprise there but I am still really upset. Not so much that this cycle is over. That might sound strange but I am strong enough to be able to keep going I think. What I am scared of is that we only have one hand left to play. Two frozen blastocysts, which we will use both next cycle. After that... I just don't know. We can't afford to do another full cycle of IVF, we can barely afford to do this next cycle on our credit card, but we are going to push our luck and split it over the last credit remaining on both Murrays and my cards. So this is our last chance, at least for the forseeable future. That scares the crap out of me, that we may not get to be parents.

I spoke to a lady at the department for child protection during the week who sent me a pack on adoption in Western Australia. I want to allow myself to think of alternatives, so I don't feel so hopeless about the situation, but it hasn't really helped. Adoption is such a long winded process, it's more expensive than IVF, the whole process takes between three and five years, and that's IF you are lucky enough to be matched to a child. And that doesn't even take into consideration the special needs of an adopted child, the seperation and anxiety. The special nature of it all. Am I capable of dealing with that? Would I make a good adoptive mother? I don't have a clue. I think I could be a great biological mother - am I hung up on adoption? I don't think so but I really don't know. I just don't want to be backed into a corner where I have no choices, which is where I feel I am at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Super big hugs for this lost possibility. Prayers for the future!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Sarah, i live in the UK. I just came across your blog whilst looking for info on IVM. My husband and I have been trying for over 3 years now with no luck. I have PCOS and he has the same as your hubby. I am sat on my bed crying as just found out my friend got pregnant in her first month of trying, and the couple who live opposite me have just brought their newborn baby girl home tonight. I dont have any advice to offer you and I am not going to offer any sugary false hopes to you, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and that I think you are very brave.

    go and give your hubby a big kiss - that it what i am going to do now, good luck for the future x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you! Try to have a good weekend and take care of yourself. Take a bubble bath or something. I'm thinking about you and sending you lots of love!
    hugs.
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs Bec,
    hope its ok to offer some assvice feel free to ignore. Have you thought about doing acupuncture in conjunction with IVF? Studies do show it has improved success rates and 3 of my friends who failed in first and second cycles were successful when it was included.
    I just wanted to offer you another avenue of hope. Thinking of you
    hugs
    S xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Bec. Even when you know it's over it still hurts to officially hear those words. I'm the same as you in that this is our last cycle for the forseaable future as money for IVF sure doesn't grow on trees! No matter how much time people like to remind us we still have on our side! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bec - I am SO SORRY! My heart is going out to you and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you. It will happen. Patience is hard but a virtue. I don't mean to be facetious either. I truly think it will happen when the time is right. I truly believe that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh shit... Bec honey I am so sorry... I'm obviously not up to speed with things as I'm taking a break from the haven etc, but I was thinking of you tonight and remembered your blog so thought I'd check in. Email me if you want to vent chicky, you'll know how to find my address ;-) oh and can you let me know if you have received the book I posted back to you? xo Belinda

    ReplyDelete