Sunday 1 March 2009

Well I did it

My first triathlon that is! I wont get the official time until the website is updated tonight, but I think I did it in around 43 minutes which I'm really happy with. ETA - Just got my time - 42:05 - much less than my goal of under 45!

The swim was extra salty and rough - everyone got kicked a couple of times I think, but I found my rhythm early on which helped. The cycle was HARD! I am not a good cyclist so this is where I got overtaken by most other people. The run was pretty tough after all of that but I managed to run flat out for the first half, had a 50m walking break and then ran the rest of the way to the end. Transitions were easier then I had imagined thank goodness, I was worried that everyone else was going to miraculously transition and leave me in the dust but I beat a heap of people out.

And now for show and tell... (And don't forget to check out the rest of the show and tell gang)



Setting up my bike in the transition area

All goggled up!

Starting to get nervous!

All over and done!

21 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're awesome!!!! i'm tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant. I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I am a runner, but am quite sure I would drown if I attempted this. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo impressed. Way to go chica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's incredible! You should be really proud of yourself. What an amazing achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! Congratulations for completing the challenege... The time is not that important...If I were competing, you would ALWAYS win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed by people who do triathalons and marathons. What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe. I don't even think I could swim the length of my bathtub these days!!!!

    EVE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go you!!! I really want to do a tri, but I'm a horrible swimmer. I'd never drown, but I'm not efficient at the strokes, and I'd take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's awesome! I've always wanted to do one of those...but I'm horribly out of shape now. A goal for the future, I guess.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome accomplishment! I don't know that I could ever do that! You should be very proud of yourself for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now THAT is the sense of accomplishment I referred to in my Share Southern Vermont show-and-tell!

    Well done Bec - you are a good road right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Way to go! I'd love to complete a triathlon some day. For now, I'm just glad I made it through my Couch to 5K program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOOOHOOO! Great job! You should be very proud of your accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! That is awesome!! A triathlon is a goal of mine one day! I went out and cheered on my friends last year when she did it!

    What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! What a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOW AWESOME!!!! What an inspiration! How long did you train? I did a half marathon once with the "Team In Training" for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society...ugh. I think after that is when I gave up excerise! LOL. WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
    Here from The Show and Tell Classroom! L at www.ttc-wildride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bec - I am so PROUD of you! I could NEVER do a triathalon (I csn't even run to the mailbox) TeeHee. I am so glad you did it - that must have felt great!

    Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete