Monday 21 January 2013

Security checks submitted

We have completed two out of our three adoption tasks in this past week. Firstly we needed to provide a traffic infringement check from the police showing our driving record for the past five years. I have a clean sheet (yay!) while Murray had a couple of minor speeding fines from speed cameras (less than 9 km each time). I can't see either of those being an issue.

Today we went past our local DCP office and had all of our identification certified and our security check request witnessed. Basically it's like getting a police clearance, but it goes into much greater detail. They were both submitted this afternoon, so hopefully they should come back to the Adoption office in the next month or so.

The last thing on our to-do list is to complete our medical reports. Murray and I have both been in for our initial appointments and I am just waiting for my blood test results for my cholesterol. Murray's cholesterol has come back in the borderline high category (5.7, 5.2 apparently is normal). Considering our history with medical reports causing us to be rejected in the past, the doctor has recommended that he go away for 6 weeks and try his best to eat very healthy and stay away from animal fats, to try and reduce the levels. Then he will repeat the blood test again to hopefully get a better result. I get my results back on Saturday, and have had high cholesterol in the past as well, so I'm thinking that I will need to do the same thing too. In saying that, I had my cholesterol tested in November as part of a free check up at work, and it had dropped from being in the 6+ range to 5.7, so we shall see what I end up with!

Once the medical reports are submitted, we just need to wait for an assessor (social worker) to be assigned to us to start the interview process!

1 comment:

  1. How do your HDL and LDL levels compare Bec? I have been researching coconut oil and it has been proven clinically to raise HDL (the good cholesterol) and LDL (the bad cholesterol). While this sounds bad, it might actually reduce your total cholesterol reading.

    ReplyDelete